srijeda, 7. listopada 2015.

Sad Hiroshima

The building above which the first atomic bomb exploded nearly 70 years ago is preserved to remind future generations of the horrors of the nuclear weapon. It is devastating to read all of those stories and testimonies. It has quite an impact on ones emotional state. I couldn't sleep for a week, but I am glad I've visited Hiroshima. It is necessary to constantly remind ourselves that there is good and bad in the world and therefore try to make the world a better place as an individual. That is how I saw it, even though it was a tough experience. The memorial centre is filled with items from the explosion which can provide the unbearable feeling of sorrow and worry for the future. I was glad to have a reminder that I have to constantly revalue everything I hear and then decide what the truth is. Media don't do it well enough, individual has to decide what to really see and believe. We are all responsible for all the truths in the world and we have to oblige ourselves to constantly ask questions, and speaking out the unspoken truths.







 Ok, I lied. I can't let you without at least an explanation. They are all the photos of the building above which the bomb exploded. The models are before and after the explosion. 

The photos from the Memorial centre with real artifacts and recreations of people and their skin melting off:


The mushroom cloud seen 12 minutes after from an island 25 kilometers away.


The statue has been damaged by the heat.


The saddest part is childrens' photos of lying bodies or destroyed houses. Let's just hope something like that doesn't happen again. 

With a sadness in my heart, I moved on, as it was time to fly back to Hong Kong. All night long I was thinking about the stories of the victims and the testimonies of the survivors, and must say I didn't come to any conclusion which would be a rational one for the disaster.












Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar